Thursday, July 26, 2012

Crockpot Cherry Coke Pulled Pork


1 c. brown sugar*
4 lb. pork roast/bottom or shoulder pork
Cherry Coke/Cherry Pepsi/Dr. Pepper/Cheerwine (your choice on what kind to use--enough to cover)
2 bottles sweet barbecue sauce (I use sweet baby Ray's)

Spray crockpot or use crockpot liner. (I use the liner, but keep it pulled up around the lid instead of down around the pot to prevent moisture from dripping on the countertop) Place brown sugar in bottom. Place pork on top of brown sugar. Cover with cola, for my crockpot, it usually takes 5 cans. (Push down pork, or it will float) Cook on low 6-8 hours. Remove pork (I throw out the fat parts) and shred using 2 forks. Add barbecue sauce. Enjoy! Our oldest son always requests it for his birthday. I serve it with cole slaw, calico beans, dressed eggs, orange stuff salad, and chocolate chip pound cake. YUM!

*The brown sugar isn't really necessary, I've made it with and without it, depends on how sweet you want your BBQ to be.

**This is a great recipe to put on to cook while you are working, at school, or away from the house all day. All you have to do when you get home is shred it and add the sauce.

***This is my husband's favorite recipe for barbecue. The first time I made it, he thought I had bought barbecue from a restaurant and just put it in the crockpot to keep it warm. Winner!

No comments:

Post a Comment