Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Waffle Cakes

3 c. SR flour
2 c. sugar
1/2 c. cocoa
2 c. cold water
2/3 c. oil
1 t. white vinegar
1 T. vanilla

Heat oven to 350. Combine flour, sugar, and cocoa. Add water, oil, and vanilla until smooth. Spray waffle cake pan with non stick spray. Pour 1/2 c. batter into each section. Bake 14-16 minutes, or until golden brown & center is set. Cool Completely. Top with desired toppings or ice cream.

*I have also made these with a vanilla cake mix, adding the ingredients listed on the box and stirring as directed on box. I put 1/3 c. batter in each sprayed section and baked for 17 minutes. I cooled 10 minutes before removing from pan with rubber scraper. I also made some of them with chocolate chips and toffee pieces in them, some with butterscotch chips, and some with caramel bits.I served the plain ones with fruit. No need for syrup. I saved some of the plain vanilla ones to use as shortcakes with strawberries for another day. Yum! (One box of cake mix makes 12 waffles)

First picture ..half eaten chocolate chip & toffee bits, 2nd picture is plain vanilla waffle cakes.



No comments:

Post a Comment